Sunday 28 February 2016

Quarter of a Century


So last weekend was my 25th birthday. 25 years old. I literally can't believe I've been around for a quarter of a century, makes me feel so old! So of course I had to go out and drown my sorrows with a few french martini's! On the Friday, I went out for dinner with all my family to Grill On The Corner. I  wanted a smart but casual outfit so I picked this black jumpsuit from the petite section of ASOS. I dressed it up with metallic gold heels from Kurt Geiger and a black & gold body chain also from ASOS.

Jumpsuit from ASOS
Heels from Kurt Geiger similar here
Body Chain from ASOS similar here

Grill on the Corner with all the family: Dad, Liam, Mum, Gerry, Michael, Me & Jamie



My favourite french martini's with a sneak preview of my birthday present in the background!

Saturday 20th February was my actual birthday so I got to open my present...







The photos don't really do it justice, but it's the beautiful metallic leather pouch from Mulberry in oxblood. I have to mention how beautifully wrapped the clutch was as well, I am an absolute sucker for gift wrapping, all the the tissue paper, ribbon, box & gift bag - gorgeous. Anyways, the clutch is a perfect size, it fitted all my essentials for a night out and it has handy wee card slots inside so I didn't need to take out my purse. I teamed it with burgundy stiletto heels from Topshop which are a perfect match. I actually can't believe how well they go with each other.


I had already purchased a birthday dress by Club L from ASOS. I had never really heard of this brand until recently but I absolutely love all their dresses! I ordered quite a few and they all had such a lovely fit and feel to the material. I was really impressed because normally I need to order petite dresses but these all fitted great. Even better were the prices; ranging from £15 up to £45 for the perfect party dress. I wasn't allowing myself to keep all the dresses that I had ordered so I decided on this little red number:


The dress was only £30 which was a complete bargain in my eyes, especially as I had my eyes on a House of CB dress but just could't justify the £100 for something I would probably wear once. I accessorised with my new Mulberry clutch and Topshop heels. I thought the oxblood colour was a really lovely contrast against the poppy red instead of typical black accessories.



On the Sunday, I just had a chilled out day with lots of birthday cake & good food to cure the hangover! I wore this gorgeous dip dye jumper from Topshop, black Jamie skinny jeans also from Topshop, cut-out boots from Office & my Givenchy Antigona.




Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

x



0 comments:

Post a Comment